Sunday 13 April 2014

4

Kids Clothes Week: Pony Bloom Dress

KCW: Pony Bloom dress

A second make for Kids Clothes Week complete!  For this I used the incredible Pony Bloom fabric.

KCW: Pony Bloom dress

It's quite a large scale print that I didn't want to break up, so I decided to omit as many seams as possible.

KCW: Pony Bloom dress

I combined my basic a-line dress block with my Dolman Top pattern so there wouldn't even be sleeve seams.  Just side and shoulder seams and as much uninterrupted ponies as possible!

KCW: Pony Bloom dress

For a little bit of visual interest, instead of a normal scoop neck I switched it out for a V-neck.

4 comments:

  1. looks great! what a fun print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying so hard with my stretch sewing at the moment. I loved your neck binding tutorial and it was good but my machine is still 'frilling' the jersey even when I try not to stretch it under the machine. I will try the tension a bit lower I think. That tunic is fabulous. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he enjoyed it as well!
    baby cloth diapers

    cloth diaper starter kit

    ReplyDelete