Wednesday 4 April 2012

6

Applying labels. In a way unlikely to cause controversy.

labels detail

A series of exciting packages* paraded into our house whilst I was in the throws of Extreme Tonsillitus.

labels jar

My new woven labels finally arrived and look fittingly cheerful in a massive glass jar. The lag time from ordering to receiving was a lot longer than I expected (about seven weeks if you're asking) so in the interim I made these labels to sew into clothes:

self made labels

In an ideal world I would have had my woven labels printed with this rainbow on black logo but there were too many colours for the weaving machine so I had to change it quite a bit to comply. I made them with printable fabric, my desktop printer and Heat and Bond and it was a super quick and pretty inexpensive job (although not as inexpensive as ordering the woven labels in bulk from Hong Kong!).

*The least exciting package that paraded into our house whilst I was in the throws of Extreme Tonsillitus was Jamie's friend from across the road. I could hear Jamie saying, 'Do you want to see my sick mum? She's in bed!' but being unable to move or talk rendered me incapable of stopping him from bringing his friend bedside to stare at me. Where I languished in a sweaty and underdressed state, grunting and shaking my fist to GET OUT.

6 comments:

  1. very nice! how will you mark on which size it is? love the "iron if inclined" (i am generally not!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a fabric pen to circle the size, although I will probably make a little stamp for a perfect circle at some point :)

      Delete
  2. That's a good idea of putting on all the sizes and the circling the corrisponding one. Do you mind me asking what website you ordered these off, they look like very good quality?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are from Worldwidelabel in Hong Kong. Very reasonable and good quality! Albeit slow :)

      Delete
  3. "iron if inclined" tickled me, too. I often feel the Etsy FP could do with a similar label.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific labels, and I really like your own design, it's a shame about the colour issues. Everyone who's bought from them have loved them, as far as I can tell from reading the blogs.
    Had a great laugh at the least exciting package!!! Kids! Yeah, mine would do excatly the same thing!

    ReplyDelete