Monday 5 December 2011

5

The Sentimental Pajama-ist

You might think that making new pajama bottoms for the kids is not necessarily blog-worthy, but you'd be wrong. These pjs have history.

pajamas girl

Rather than use brand-new fabric from my stash, I repurposed some of my old sleepwear that I didn't wear anymore but was too soppy to bin. The penguin flannel for the girl's bottoms came courtesy of my fifteen year old self. When I was a pre-teen and teenager, I was obsessed with novelty pajamas. I may or may not have wore a flying squirrel suit (which for the unfamiliar is the pre-curser to a slanket).

pajama boy

These stripey jersey ones for the boy were made out of a nightgown. Now, let me state for the record: I do not normally wear nightgowns. In fact, since I was old enough to choose my own sleeping attire, I have worn precisely one nightgown: this one. And I wore it for the express purpose of expelling this very child out of my body. Nightgowns are infinitely more practical when giving birth than flying squirrel suits, bum-flap or no.

pajamas joint

If you were ever wondering how much my kids look alike when their faces are identically daft, here's your answer.

5 comments:

  1. They're adorable. And I can't believe how grown up Maia is getting. Stop it, child!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the pj's around here are repurposed. It seems to be the only way I can get my husband to give up his old concert t-shirts and I can part with my old tourist t-shirts (including the ones from Scotland!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute, and what a good idea:)

    ReplyDelete