Sunday 20 November 2011

6

The Rainbow Party Frock

rainbow dress front

I was asked recently to make a dress for a little girl's rainbow themed birthday party. A bunch of Kona solids and some tinkering with my party frock pattern and voila!

rainbow dress violet

From the bottom up the skirt has violet, blue, green and yellow strips....

rainbow dress back

An orange sash, and red bodice. I hardly ever work with solids (in fact I had to order then especially), but it made a nice change from sewing prints. In my typical 'more is more' fashion I thought about adding an additional rainbow applique or some other embellishment but, actually, I'm really happy with the simplicity of this dress just as it is.

6 comments:

  1. Love it! I may have to steal your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's brilliant! It looks like a rainbow version of a rocket ice lolly. They should so make them.

    And yes, I kind of want to steal this idea and make it for myself. Only I'd want it with a circle skirt and that way madness lies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D Ooooh it's gorgeous! Thank you so much, I can't wait to try it on her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I wish my daughter had something like this for 'Rainbow Day' at school a couple of weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete