Tuesday 7 June 2011

5

Bicycles on bags and a new appreciation for yellow

laptop case front

My good friend Mockduck is celebrating the (greatly deserved) procurement of a fantastic new job and needed a bag to protect her laptop. Ever the one to choose fabrics with a savvy eye, she put this Echino bicycle print together with a Monaluna Starburst...

laptop case inside

... and with two yellow zippers and a perfectly matching Cloud9 polkadot pocket its a riot of perfectly matching teals and saffrons.

laptop case zippered pocket

I have to admit, I wasn't a particular fan of yellow until recently. But seeing how well it works with turquoise (as well as on Pinterest where I've seen it with grey and red to a stunning affect) I think I'm now a huge fan. What say you to yellow? What do you like to pair it with?

5 comments:

  1. My son is designing his quilt for his bed I'm supposed to be making and wants blues, gray, a bit of green and gold/yellow. (Star Wars sheet colors) it goes amazingly well together.

    I made my 4yo a quilt, yellow is her favorite color and paired vintage yellow florals with hot pint and orange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hot pink. I have no idea what color hot pint is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot pint sounds kind of yellow-y too ;-)

    Anyway, cute bag. And I love yellow. With grey especially. So classy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm only recently learning to love yellow (apparantly at age 4 I totally refused to wear yellow knickers!) but since I've been working on a few rainbow quilts where yellow is essential, I've added 4 or 5 in my stash ...and I actually quite like them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I thought the sneaky peek was something for Maya's birthday so was minutely examining all the birthday pictures.

    I'm not a fan of yellow. I think I need to expand my horizons.

    ReplyDelete